Monday, October 5, 2009

World Teachers' Day

I learned about World Teachers' Day earlier this year so I was able to take some time and think about what defines a teacher for me. I learned from many people in my life; school teachers, yogis, college professors and others. Some of these 'teachers' didn't even know that I have learned from their examples, words and deeds. A big thank you to them and future teachers. Be sure to take some time to recognize your teachers, past and present :)

World Teachers' Day, held annually on October 5th since 1994, commemorates teachers’ organizations worldwide. Its aim is to mobilize support for teachers and to ensure that the needs of future generations will continue to be met by teachers. ~Wiki




Ataturk teaching the children of Turkey the Latin alphabet, a statue in Istanbul (Asian side)

No comments: