Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1st - International Day of the Child

June 1st - International Day of the Child

First proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 1954, it was established to encourage all countries to institute a day, firstly to promote mutual exchange and understanding among children and secondly to initiate action to benefit and promote the welfare of the world's children. It was also chosen as the day to celebrate childhood.
Wikipedia

Everyday around here seems like it could be "Day of the Child!" Luckily for us my daughter can come into the office and "work" whenever she wants. She even has her own desk set up near me to draw and consult on projects. As a child she is able to see the wonder in a spiderweb or the charm in a squirrel, somethings that I might miss if she weren't here. Her joy in life is such a gift!

But today is special! We at SilverRoseBeads want to share International Day of the Child with our customers and friends. Please take some time to recognize the importance of childhood and what it means to be a child. Be sure to nurture any children in your circle as well as your own 'inner' child.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Sylvia C. Rose-Johnson said...

This hits home with me today as I am 'grounded' with a torn up foot. Waiting for it to heal is very difficult for my inner child. She wants to run, play, explore and just generally celebrate every part of her universe. Now I wait to do the physical things that are natural to me and do the more introspective things that my current physical condition requires. Looking forward to the day my healing is complete and can again move around like I so love to do and more fully share my granddaughter world with her.